Philippians 2:1-4 (ESV)
So if there is any encouragement in Christ, any comfort from love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy, complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind. Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.
The Apostle Paul is explaining the response of someone affected by Christ’s life. It is an “if this, then that” statement. Because of relationship with Christ, if we partake in Christ’s encouragement, if we are comforted from love, if we have the Holy Spirit living inside of us…then our behavior should be love, unity, unselfishness, and humility. When Christ comes into our lives, everything is affected, especially how we relate to each other.
- What is something that stands out to you from today’s passage?
- List three ways how your life has been impacted by Christ.
- What is one response to Christ’s love in your life (as listed in the passage) that you still need to work on?
- Father, help us to walk in humility and unity with our fellow believers. Help us to love like You loved us. Show us where we fall short of this and where we need to change, and give us the strength to make those changes. In Your precious Name. Amen.
- Read the rest of Philippians 2, and see Christ’s example of humility, love, and obedience.